|Job Title||DIRECTOR CONSUMER LENDING|
|Company||American First Credit Union|
|Job Description||We are a $515 M Southern California financial institution located in La Habra, CA with exciting plans for our future. We are not traditional thinkers, and have plans for growing and becoming competitively strong. We are looking for a forward thinking Consumer Lending Leader who can not only achieve but exceed indirect and direct consumer growth goals within designated communities throughout Orange County.
As a Consumer Lending Director you will be responsible for the quality and growth of the loan portfolio (consumer indirect and direct) in addition to member service. You will ensure an efficient procedural compliance of the department and the continued competitiveness of the Credit Union’s loan products.
You can look forward to managing the Lending Associates in their production, service and sales activities so that the team’s production and sales goals are achieved and exceeded. You will grow and manage the indirect lending team in addition to implementing indirect consumer loan development programs in support of established lending goals. In addition responsible for motivating, training and cross-training a staff of ten on analyzing and processing loan applications and in making sound lending decisions in all aspects of consumer lending.
The successful candidate MUST have the following qualifications:
• You have Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in business administration; minimum five years progressive experience as an manager of consumer lending area of a financial organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You have 5 or more years of experience in indirect lending to include sales, business development and/or loan origination. Demonstrated skills in building dealer relationships. Recent credit union or banking experience preferred.
• You have three or more years experience in management, with proven experience in coaching, counseling, directing, leading, organizing and implement of performance goals.
• You have knowledge of the principles and practices of effective, needs-based sales.
• You have working Knowledge of laws and regulations governing consumer lending (e.g. Reg Z, B, FCRA, etc.) , loan program development and underwriting policies and procedures
• You have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from members, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• You have a proven track record of driving sales and growing loan portfolio.
• You have proven leadership abilities including excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• You are a driver, but people oriented and can lead, guide and mentor others. People enjoy working with you.
|Contact Information||Human Resources
700 N Harbor Blvd
, CA 90631
If you are experiencing trouble with CU Connections, please email
us describing the problem.
Or call CU Connections at 800-472-1702, ext. 6038 or 6010.