|Job Title||MEMBER SERVICE REP (TELLER)|
Provides prompt courteous service to members by telephone and in person. Opens accounts, explains other financial services, and corrects records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Opens all types of savings accounts, including custodial and trust accounts, in compliance with CEFCU membership eligibility requirements and the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
• Closes accounts upon request with proper identity verification
• Completes processing on deceased member accounts
• Exhibits ability to address and correct complex account issues with a minimum of assistance
• Processes member requests for wire transfers and enters information into WireXchange
• Processes address change requests
• Prepares and processes stop payment forms
• Processes incoming wires, ACH credits/debits and check requests from Accounting Department
• Prepares Payroll Deduction Authorization forms and allocations for accounts
• Processes Verifications of Deposit
• Runs ChexSystems reports
• Processes loan add-ons to personal lines of credit, equity lines of credit and share loans
• Files Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) as required by BSA
• Orders cash for branch vault, Travelers Cheques and gift checks
• Accepts and verifies vault and ATM cash deliveries
• Accepts, verifies and enters Travelers Cheques and gift checks into inventory
• Performs weekly audit of Travelers Cheques and gift checks under dual control
• Prepares weekly Travelers Cheques and gift checks audit summaries and sends to Accounting Department
• Acts as dual control for cash, keys for Travelers Cheques storage and safe deposit boxes
• Assists in researching out-of-balance conditions
• Reports any out of balance conditions daily to Branch Manager or VP Operations
• Sells VISA Gift Cards and Travelers Cheques
• Processes transactions at the drive-up window
• Covers the receptionist desk when necessary
• Balances vault and accounting centers on daily basis
• Prepares and balances the daily balance sheet to system
• Balances Credit Union close at end of each day
• Records daily cash sheet for all branches
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment. Experience with personal computers and Windows desirable. Knowledge of Summit's Spectrum software desirable.
P.O. Box 11001
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
If you are experiencing trouble with CU Connections, please email
us describing the problem.
Or call CU Connections at 800-472-1702, ext. 6038 or 6010.