|Job Title||ACCOUNTING REPRESENTATIVE|
|Company||Caltech Employees FCU|
|Job Description||Position Purpose
Performs a variety of day-to-day accounting and administrative tasks, including maintenance of assigned ledgers and supporting schedules of the credit union. Prepares monthly reports and provides general accounting and finance-related information.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation
• Processes stop payments on credit union official checks
• Performs daily reconciliation and settlement of various products and services, including shares, loans, ATMs, cash and ACH
• Reviews, verifies, and posts invoices for payment to proper GL account number, ensuring accuracy, proper accounting period recording, and timeliness of payments
• Reviews and processes both incoming and outgoing wire transfer requests
• Ensures accounting related compliance with various BSA requirements related to wires, checks, new accounts and loans
• Reviews, reconciles, maintains and verifies general ledger accounts assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• AA degree in Accounting/Finance or two years of banking or credit union accounting experience, or a combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and processes of a financial institution and the reporting of financial data.
• Working knowledge of various Microsoft Office computer programs, such as Word and Excel, and 10-key.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Must be bondable by the credit union’s insurance agency.
P.O. Box 11001
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91012
If you are experiencing trouble with CU Connections, please email
us describing the problem.
Or call CU Connections at 800-472-1702, ext. 6038 or 6010.