The Leagues provide its Member's First philosophy in communicating "real time" comprehensive news and information. We focus on strategic, operational and the philosophical values of our membership. We work to advocate your interests, and position our member credit unions at the "top" of the financial services community.
View the latest news about credit unions in California, Nevada, and around the nation.
Find current and archived issues of the Leagues' award-winning magazine.
Take a visual journey and explore the faces behind the California and Nevada credit union movement at a number of events, meetings, fundraisers, and conferences!
Catch up on what California and Nevada credit unions are accomplishing within their communities every month!
FUNDRAISERS, VOLUNTEERISM, AND MORE
08/04/15 10:14 AM
CUs Spread Their Philosophy
Click to view the latest Member News
From the Editors of CU Weekly
FOREIGN INTERNSHIP DEADLINE EXTENDED
|Participants of the 2012 internship in Guatemala
04/22/13 10:22 AM
World Council Program in Costa Rica
The World Council of Credit Unions has extended the application deadline for the International Credit Union Leadership Program—an abroad internship created specifically for emerging American credit union leaders—to April 30
Twelve U.S. credit union professionals will be selected to participate in the program.
Participants will embark on a two-week journey to Costa Rica for a hands-on experience and personal look into how their credit unions serve underserved populations and communities through creative member education and projects. Participants will work alongside credit union leaders to exchange ideas, improve problem-solving skills, and enhance cultural diversity as it relates to overall credit union development and operations.
The International Credit Union Leadership Program includes credit union internship placement, lodging with a local host family, meal and communication stipends, transportation, and traveler's insurance.
To be eligible for the internship, applicants must:
- Demonstrate personal commitment and the ability to significantly influence their credit union.
- Show leadership and entrepreneurial skills and demonstrate how personal initiative has contributed to their credit union’s development.
- Exhibit the potential to advance the national or international credit union system through initiatives that would also help the development of his or her community.
- Be actively involved as an employee or board member of a credit union or organization affiliated with the World Council through the Credit Union National Association or a state credit union league.
- Be available to travel on the specific dates outlined by the program.
- Not be a World Council employee or board member.
- Have a career trajectory in the credit union industry.
Interested? Click here for more information and a program application form.