The Leagues provide its Member's First philosophy in communicating "real time" comprehensive news and information. We focus on strategic, operational and the philosophical values of our membership. We work to advocate your interests, and position our member credit unions at the "top" of the financial services community.
View the latest news about credit unions in California, Nevada, and around the nation.
Find current and archived issues of the Leagues' award-winning magazine.
Take a visual journey and explore the faces behind the California and Nevada credit union movement at a number of events, meetings, fundraisers, and conferences!
Catch up on what California and Nevada credit unions are accomplishing within their communities every month!
VOLUNTEERISM, FUNDRAISERS, AND MORE
08/05/14 10:54 AM
CUs Make a Local Impact
Scroll down to view the latest on how credit unions and industry affiliates across California and Nevada are donating time and money to help the communities they serve, implementing new operational strategies for members, and advocating for the credit union movement!
Click to view the latest Member News
From the Editors of CU Weekly
IMPROVE CHECK DEPOSIT PROCESSING
05/15/13 02:13 PM
Reasons to Use Teller Capture
Check deposits continue to be a significant part of a teller's daily duties, and in fact, account for 90 percent of transactions. Reducing the costs associated with the check deposit process can significantly add value to your credit union.
Catalyst Corporate's Teller Capture can help you improve operational productivity and enhance member service by simply moving deposit processing from the back office to the teller line.
Top reasons to leverage Teller Capture at your credit union:
- Eliminates Scanning Bottlenecks—Checks are scanned throughout the day, limiting end-of-day balancing to only cash.
- Reduces Downstream Error Corrections—Teller Capture requires balancing before completing each transaction and provides tools to identify mistakes.
- Facilitates Real-Time Institution-Wide Research—Receipt Manager produces an instant electronic receipt of every transaction and electronically staples checks and signatures to receipts. In addition, it prompts identification verification and stores shared branching data with check images.
- Reduces Check Losses—Scanned checks can be validated against third-party databases to detect counterfeits, as well as items with a high likelihood of return. Extended holds can be applied and scanning for duplicates across multiple deposit channels.
- Improves Face-to-Face Time—With many of the manual transaction tasks eliminated, tellers can focus more on members to build and strengthen relationships, and capitalize on cross-selling opportunities.
Catalyst Corporate's Teller Capture solutions include Bluepoint Solutions' ImagePoint Teller, Receipt Manager, and Electronic Content Management services, and Early Warning Services' batch and real-time DEPOSIT CHEK services.
For more information, contact a Catalyst Corporate Account Executive at email@example.com, or 800.442.5763.