The Leagues provide its Member's First philosophy in communicating "real time" comprehensive news and information. We focus on strategic, operational and the philosophical values of our membership. We work to advocate your interests, and position our member credit unions at the "top" of the financial services community.
View the latest news about credit unions in California, Nevada, and around the nation.
Find current and archived issues of the Leagues' award-winning magazine.
Take a visual journey and explore the faces behind the California and Nevada credit union movement at a number of events, meetings, fundraisers, and conferences!
Catch up on what California and Nevada credit unions are accomplishing within their communities every month!
CUs ACTIVE IN LOCAL COMMUNITIES
04/06/15 02:20 PM
'Member News' Posted
Click to view the latest Member News
From the Editors of CU Weekly
'CRASH THE GAC' DEADLINE IS FRIDAY
12/16/13 01:07 PM
Crasher Will Receive Sponsorship
This coming year will be the fifth anniversary of Crash The GAC
, where so-called “crashers” will have the opportunity to build relationships and connect with 4,000 other credit union activists from across the nation. This Friday (Dec. 20) is the deadline for applications!
Every year, a number of young credit union professionals arrive in Washington, D.C. for the Credit Union National Association’s Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC). Crash The GAC was launched after organizers realized the valuable opportunity at hand by having so many young credit union employees in one place, at one time.
This year, the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues’ unique “crasher” will receive sponsorship funds to help cover the costs associated with attending GAC. Those who wish to apply should visit http://gac.trust.coop to fill out an application.
Those who are chosen to be “crashers” (credit union professionals under the age of 30) get to attend:
- Attend the GAC with Breakout and Keynote Sessions.
- Build relationships with other under-30 credit union professionals.
- Have the opportunity to connect with 4,000 other activists from the credit union system.
- Attend mentor sessions with industry thought leaders each day. In the past mentors have included folks at the Filene Research Institute, the World Council of Credit Unions, and the National Credit Union Foundation.
- Connect with other leaders from their state by attending Congressional visits on Capitol Hill.
For more information, contact the Leagues’ Manager of Grassroots Advocacy David Creager at DCreager@ccul.org.