The Leagues provide its Member's First philosophy in communicating "real time" comprehensive news and information. We focus on strategic, operational and the philosophical values of our membership. We work to advocate your interests, and position our member credit unions at the "top" of the financial services community.
View the latest news about credit unions in California, Nevada, and around the nation.
Find current and archived issues of the Leagues' award-winning magazine.
Take a visual journey and explore the faces behind the California and Nevada credit union movement at a number of events, meetings, fundraisers, and conferences!
Catch up on what California and Nevada credit unions are accomplishing within their communities every month!
PREMIER AMERICA CU
03/03/15 10:52 AM
Premier America CU
celebrated the grand opening of a new branch in Burbank with a ribbon cutting ceremony on Feb. 12. The Hollywood Way branch is managed by Burbank resident, Vickie Beckett, and is staffed by seasoned member service professionals.
Click to view the latest Member News
From the Editors of CU Weekly
CUs UNLEASH HOLIDAY SPIRIT IN CA, NV
|Arrowhead CU employee Jason Swolgaard, his wife, and three daughters helped the credit union’s holiday effort by making more than 120 cards for U.S. Air Force service men and women, joining several other credit union staff.
12/17/13 02:23 PM
Staff and Members Reach Out
As Christmas approaches, credit unions across California and Nevada are ramping up their holiday cheer as they participate in, host, and donate to several Christmas initiatives, programs, and fun-filled local traditions.
The following events represent an even larger presence across both states, where credit unions are spotlighting the “People Helping People” philosophy every day. The California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues want to thank its members for their commitment to changing people’s lives through the “holiday spirit”!
- Alta One FCU hosted a Giving Tree Contest, where a Christmas tree is decorated with local high school students’ wish lists this holiday season. Anyone can walk in the credit union and pick a wish to fulfill.
- Arrowhead CU employees made hundreds of cards to send to U.S. Air Force service men and women on duty oversees, with one team member bringing in more than 120 cards his family made.
- California Coast CU held a card contest for local elementary school kids, where more than 200 of the school district’s key personnel received a greeting card adorned with art.
- Christian Community CU participated in two charitable causes—Operation Christmas Child (donating 44 shoeboxes full of toys and other items for kids) and Children’s Miracle Network (participating in Miracle Jeans Day and donating $600).
- Cooperative Center FCU presented the Berkeley Food and Housing Project with a donation check, and is also collecting socks, knit caps, and scarves for the project.
- Desert Valleys FCU assisted in the local Toys For Tots campaign during the day of the event to bring holiday cheer to local kids.
- Educational Employees CU helped sponsor fun, festiv Christmas parades organized by the cities of Livingston and Atwater, both of which attracted hundreds of local residents.
- Greater Nevada CU is hosting a drop-off site for Capital Christian Center’s Increasing the Joy initiative, which provides underprivileged kids with toys.
- Los Angeles FCU donated funds to the local Cycling For Santa event in support of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Civilian Employee Memorial Foundation.
- Mendo Lake CU hosted a Giving Tree to support the Mendocino Coast Children’s Fund, where local residents selected ornaments with the gift requests of local children.
- NuVision FCU hosted 14 collection sites for the U.S. Marines Corp Reserve’s Toys For Tots program in Orange and Los Angeles counties.
- Redwood CU sponsored holiday food and toy drives, accepting donations to help individuals and families in need.
- South Bay CU participated in GivingTuesday, where the credit union’s staff participated in random acts of kindness for its members and encouraged them to do the same.
- Technology CU hosted a Giving Tree initiative, where one member walked in and fulfilled ALL the wishes on the tree.
- Travis CU employees and members are purchasing and signing paper stockings, each for a one-dollar donation, to support UC Davis Medical Center and Valley Children’s Hospital of Central California.