The Leagues provide its Member's First philosophy in communicating "real time" comprehensive news and information. We focus on strategic, operational and the philosophical values of our membership. We work to advocate your interests, and position our member credit unions at the "top" of the financial services community.
View the latest news about credit unions in California, Nevada, and around the nation.
Find current and archived issues of the Leagues' award-winning magazine.
Take a visual journey and explore the faces behind the California and Nevada credit union movement at a number of events, meetings, fundraisers, and conferences!
Catch up on what California and Nevada credit unions are accomplishing within their communities every month!
FUNDRAISERS, VOLUNTEERISM, AND MORE
07/01/14 10:47 AM
CUs Make a Local Impact
Scroll down to view the latest on how credit unions and industry affiliates across California and Nevada are donating time and money to help the communities they serve, implementing new operational strategies for members, and advocating for the credit union movement!
Click to view the latest Member News
From the Editors of CU Weekly
CUs NETWORK, LEARN AT 'BOOT CAMP'
|Small credit union CEOs with “CEO Boot Camp” presenters from the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues, National Credit Union Administration’s Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives, and CUNA Mutual Group.
06/10/14 11:37 AM
Leagues, NCUA, and CMG Present
“Boot camp” has a whole new meaning for a group of small credit union leaders who attended an insightful educational event hosted by the National Credit Union Administration’s Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives (OSCUI) and the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues in Los Angeles on Saturday.
At the second annual CEO Boot Camp, credit union CEOs, staff, board members, and industry experts came together for a day of training, delving into operational and volunteer issues, and discussing best practices for achieving success. Included were representatives and presenters from CUNA Mutual Group (CMG).
"I thoroughly enjoyed the training and learned a lot," said Dan Taay, CEO of Technicolor FCU. "I brought my loan manager, director of marketing, and a board member with me." Taay was just one of several who found the event extremely helpful.
The following speakers presented to nearly 70 attendees:
- Larry Palochik, senior vice president of member solutions for the Leagues, and Mark Klinkert, vice president of education and training for the Leagues—Linking Your Strategic Plan to Your Business Plan
- Arnold Ramirez, research and information consultant for the Leagues—Key Elements of the Bank Secrecy Act
- Joette Colletts, manager of risk management for CMG—Employment Practices
- Leilani Hendrix-Stamper, consumer access analyst for OSCUI at NCUA—Advertising Compliance
- Mimi Cadzow, supervisory examiner for NCUA—Examination Modernization
- Jon Hernandez, CEO of CalCom FCU, Mattel FCU, and City of Downey FCU—Key Questions Every Board Member Should Explore
- George Sun, manager of Image Arc Marketing Solutions—Marketing in the Digital Age
- John Dock, economic development specialist for OSCUI at NCUA—Succession Planning and Passing the Baton
To view all presentations, click here!