The Leagues provide its Member's First philosophy in communicating "real time" comprehensive news and information. We focus on strategic, operational and the philosophical values of our membership. We work to advocate your interests, and position our member credit unions at the "top" of the financial services community.
View the latest news about credit unions in California, Nevada, and around the nation.
Find current and archived issues of the Leagues' award-winning magazine.
Take a visual journey and explore the faces behind the California and Nevada credit union movement at a number of events, meetings, fundraisers, and conferences!
Catch up on what California and Nevada credit unions are accomplishing within their communities every month!
CU DEVELOPMENT EDUCATORS
|Graduates of the Winter 2015 CU Development Educators Training stand with training staff at the American Airlines Training & Conference Center in Dallas, Texas.
02/02/15 02:30 PM
Forty-three credit union professionals became certified CU Development Educators
after being guided by eight program facilitators and mentors in the intensive Credit Union Development Education (DE) Training from the National Credit Union Foundation. Of the 43, two were from California: Kristin Crellin from SchoolsFirst FCU and Ricardo Flores from SCE FCU. DE Training provides critical lessons in cooperative principles, credit union philosophy, and international development issues, while incorporating challenges facing credit unions.
Click to view the latest Member News
From the Editors of CU Weekly
CUs NETWORK, LEARN AT 'BOOT CAMP'
|Small credit union CEOs with “CEO Boot Camp” presenters from the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues, National Credit Union Administration’s Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives, and CUNA Mutual Group.
06/10/14 11:37 AM
Leagues, NCUA, and CMG Present
“Boot camp” has a whole new meaning for a group of small credit union leaders who attended an insightful educational event hosted by the National Credit Union Administration’s Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives (OSCUI) and the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues in Los Angeles on Saturday.
At the second annual CEO Boot Camp, credit union CEOs, staff, board members, and industry experts came together for a day of training, delving into operational and volunteer issues, and discussing best practices for achieving success. Included were representatives and presenters from CUNA Mutual Group (CMG).
"I thoroughly enjoyed the training and learned a lot," said Dan Taay, CEO of Technicolor FCU. "I brought my loan manager, director of marketing, and a board member with me." Taay was just one of several who found the event extremely helpful.
The following speakers presented to nearly 70 attendees:
- Larry Palochik, senior vice president of member solutions for the Leagues, and Mark Klinkert, vice president of education and training for the Leagues—Linking Your Strategic Plan to Your Business Plan
- Arnold Ramirez, research and information consultant for the Leagues—Key Elements of the Bank Secrecy Act
- Joette Colletts, manager of risk management for CMG—Employment Practices
- Leilani Hendrix-Stamper, consumer access analyst for OSCUI at NCUA—Advertising Compliance
- Mimi Cadzow, supervisory examiner for NCUA—Examination Modernization
- Jon Hernandez, CEO of CalCom FCU, Mattel FCU, and City of Downey FCU—Key Questions Every Board Member Should Explore
- George Sun, manager of Image Arc Marketing Solutions—Marketing in the Digital Age
- John Dock, economic development specialist for OSCUI at NCUA—Succession Planning and Passing the Baton
To view all presentations, click here!