From the Editors of CU Weekly
ONLINE 'DISCOVERY CONFERENCE' COMING
09/29/14 08:58 AM
13 CU-Focused Sessions
CUNA Mutual Group is hosting its fifth annual, day-long Discovery Conference on Oct. 15—a web-based equivalent of the face-to-face conference without the associated expenses or time away from the office.
This year’s conference offers 13 credit union-focused sessions compiled into four tracks that will focus on the issues most important to credit unions:
- Driving Growth
- Managing Compliance Risk
- Growing Membership
- Leading Through Change
Scheduled live chats, networking opportunities, including chat rooms and message boards, an exhibit hall, and prizes complete the Discovery Conference experience. In addition, registration guarantees access to conference materials after the event is over.
John Lass, senior vice president of strategy & business development for CUNA Mutual Group, is the keynote speaker and will speak on how retail financial services could be disrupted by new technologies and business models, and what actions credit unions could take to mitigate the impact.
Additional featured speakers and topics:
- “Gen Y Personal Finances: A Crisis of Confidence and Capability”—Ben Rogers, research director, Filene Research Institute
- “Digital Marketing for Business Development”—James Robert Lay, president, CUGrow
- “The Rules of the Retirement Game Have Changed for Members – The Credit Union’s Role”—Gary Weuve, vice president of the Center for Advisor Excellence, CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc.
- “Better Together: Uniting Marketing & IT for Success”—Tim McAlpine, president, Currency Marketing
- “U.S. Economic Outlook and Its Impact on Credit Unions”—Steve Rick, director and chief economist, CUNA Mutual Group
- “Building and Maintaining an Effective Third Party Risk Program”—Brad Keller, senior vice president and program director, The Santa Fe Group
- “TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures – It’s a Whole New World”—Theresa Reinke, compliance consultant, CUNA Mutual Group
- “Cyber Exposures: Rules, Regs, and Risk”—Jay Isaacson, vice president of commercial products, CUNA Mutual Group
- “What You Need to Know About Compliance and Social Media”—Bryce Roth, co-founder, ChatterYak!
- “Exciting Trends in Auto Purchasing”—Steve Hoke, director of loan growth, CUNA Mutual Group
- “The View from Here: An Eyes-Wide-Open Approach to Insurance Distribution Models”—Stephen Arnold, vice president, and direct-to-consumer business leader, CUNA Mutual Group and Eric Hallinan, senior consultant, MarshBerry
- “Mobile Banking: Trends, Threats, and Fraud Prevention Techniques”—Chris Silveira, manager of fraud intelligence, Guardian Analytics
Each session will feature video, audio, and a question-and-answer portion.
Click here to learn more about the Discovery Conference.